Re: Cam and idle problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cam and idle problems
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:30:35 EST
Bill,
What year is your B?

donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 3/20/2004 8:46:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
millerb@intergate.com writes:
I cannot get my B to idle well.
I bought this at the last winter to be my daily driver.
I do believe that the problem is the cam in this rebuilt engine.

Does anyone know what a DEL-671 KC Fast Street Cam is???

At one point it is listed as a Rally Cam, at another point of as a street
cam.  And another that lists the part above.

I cannot get the Weber DGEV to idle at all, and at this point I think the
cam has too much overlap to idle smooth at a decent rpm.

Anyone have the specs on this cam or any ideas how to get adjust the carb to
idle???

Thanks,
Bill