Re: Midget weather

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget weather
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:35:30 -0600
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:54:40 -0500
"Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com> wrote:

>What kind of spring project do you guys have in the plans?

Hey Rick,

My first spring project I finished last week, nothing major, but
I cleaned up the carbs on the rally car and installed electronic
ignition, just tune up stuff, but it does run better.

The two big projects are finally finishing my 'B V8 (second on the
priority list) and my wife's TR8 (tops).  The TR8 is getting a
suspension freshen and hopefully a decent 10 ft paint job.  The
car had been partially stripped and primered, and really needs
paint, but my grad school budget won't allow for a decent
job -- but it needs some protection.  The car also needs exhaust.

The 'B V8 just basically needs to be finished -- a lot of little details
and so forth, it's the details that will you get ya on such a project!

Somewhere over the next few weeks I hope to find time to finish
my explorations in to fitting a 3.5 Rover engine and TR8 'box
in to a Spitfire I've got about -- disturbed visions of a "Street Mod"
autocross car running through my head.

Also Brit car related, I'm selling off everything I can find that might
be of value that I don't need.  :|  The job market sucks.  Anyways,
I've got a lot of rubber-bumper MG stuff (including bumpers) -- lots
of emission canisters and what have you -- not trying to bomb the
list, just one of my major projects.  I should look at the positive
side, lack of employment means more time to do stupid stuff,
like cleaning through all the old MG parts I don't need!

In other automotive interests, I'm planning on going to the
Paris, TX rally to learn about the organizing/running side of things,
I'm still hoping to get something going here.  I had a great chat
with the visitor's folks down in Hot Springs, the next step
is to talk to the forest service people.

Sing blue silver,

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary

-- Will engineer for beer, food, or even money.