Re: SU Carb Availability and Leaded Petrol

To: Daybell7@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Carb Availability and Leaded Petrol
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:10:26 -0600
Daybell7@aol.com wrote:

> 1.  Is it still possible to find MGs in junk yards?  Are the SU carbs
> interchangable for a 68 MGB-GT?  I have that weber now.

Two or three MGB's at East West Auto Parts in Tulsa. I do their website.

Don't know much about the cars. The WATTS number is: 1 (800) 447-2886

> 2.  Should I add lead to petrol?

I haven't found it necessary in the Minis. My advice is to keep an eye
on the valve clearances; if there's no recession, don't worry about it.
If you start to see recession, plan to do a head rebuild and add
hardened seats.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm