Re: SU Carb Availability and Leaded Petrol

To: Daybell7@aol.com
Subject: Re: SU Carb Availability and Leaded Petrol
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:06:14 -0500
Steve,
 1) Probably. There were 500,000 MGBs built, a few of which are likely to
be discarded or parted-out each year.  Best that you call a junkyard and
ask. They have a network, so one yard can search the net for another yard
that has an MGB.
    Any of the HS or HIF SUs from an MGB will fit an MGB engine, but you
will need the SU manifold too.  Look for either HF or HIF SU; the ZS
won't fit without its special manifold, and you don't want this one
anyway.
2)  Debatable.  Probably not worth the trouble or expense at this time.
If / when you have valve trouble, deal with it then.
Bob