Re: Sill covers, leg room, and carpeting

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: Sill covers, leg room, and carpeting
From: "G.G. Causey" <ggcausey@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:03:11 -0800
Monte,
There was a recent thread on the MG Enthusiasts BBS (MGB Technical) regarding
difficulties dealing with rubber sill covers, and the owner's eventual success.
Here's what worked for one MGB owner:

" I've got the goods to share so everyone can learn from my mistake! First, I
cleaned the back of the mats with acetone. Then I used 3M "Super Trim Adhesive"
to make the bond. I bought this at an automotive body shop supply house. It
worked fantastic. Be sure to follow the instructions on the can."

As I recall (the original thread has rolled off to the archives), cleaning the
back of the rubber with acetone was what finally turned the trick. It also
removed whatever adhesive he tried at first.
~Jerry