Heater valves

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater valves
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:29:57 -0700
Some of you know me by now....I am always fiddling about with stuff for my
MGB GT V8 build and have got into sound deadening, rustproofing, retainers
for the Dzus fastener on battery cover, MGB V8 sweatshirts (one left!) and
last, but not least O-rings for gauges.  Well, I have another little offering.

I was depressed reading about poor quality heater valves so I did some
experimentation.  What I have being made is valve which uses no rubber
diaphragm or spring.  The valve is the ball type with no washer (just like
your facets!) and I am having stainless steel brackets made to hold the
cable (also stainless) together with a mod on the valve.  If anyone is
interested I can send a photo of the rather tatty prototype (and my bloody
fingers).  The cost, including the stainless steel cable, will be about 70
inches long to fit practically any route you want!.  Cost will be about
$40-45 which is more than the standard replacement (US$35.20) but will
probably out last the car .....and smoooooth.

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net