RE: MGB at Auction for Charity

To: "'Paul Hunt'" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: MGB at Auction for Charity
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:24:56 -0500
Paul,

I disagree. I have worked on two different 1975 MGBs recently, both of which
had a silver and black octagonal plaque on the right side of the dash
commemorating the 50th Anniversary of MGs 1925 - 1975. As these badges were
embedded into a specially molded dash pad, it couldn't have been anyone but
the factory that produced these.

As the UK version of the car (the Jubilee model) used the unpadded dash,
they used a slightly different badge arrangement and only produced 751 of
this model.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer

Snip...
1975 there were no North American MGBs made to mark the
50th Anniversary of MG.  The only cars so made were 751 RHD drive GTs again
in green with gold detailing.  Some 18,000 plus cars were made during the
1975 model year, and I suppose a dealer could have had a plaque made, but it
was nothing to do with Abingdon.