Re: Vapor Lock?

To: Daybell7@aol.com
Subject: Re: Vapor Lock?
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 11:43:57 -0500
If your car won't start after it has been sitting hot for a short time,
then you probably have vapor lock. Which is when the fuel turns to vapor
either in the fuel line or in the float bowl. In the float bowl, the
pressure of the vapor keeps the jet closed so more fuel can't get in.

To get rid of it, re-route or block the heat source.

If you don't have a heat shield between the carbs and the exhaust, get one.

If you have a leak in the exhaust, fix it.

If you don't have a leak and do have a heat shield, get some heat shield
material to go on the heat shield. You can get it from Summit, or a
number of other places.

Paul.