RE: Cat & car video NOT FOR CAT LOVERS

To: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Cat & car video NOT FOR CAT LOVERS
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:16:20 -0400
I had read the snopes article before posting, actually.

That doesn't mean Ford hasn't been getting grief for it.

The ad agency had put together the cat one, Ford didn't go for it and opted
for the pigeon one instead (I agree - the cat one is too harsh for
airing).  But it did get released anyway on the net, and it's not agreed
whether or not Ford was okay for the release (sort of a weird form of viral
marketing - kind of anti-establishment).  Ford officially protests it, but
some think some people wanted it to go around anyway to talk up the car.

At any rate, it does solve the cat-on-the-car problem quite neatly. :)

- Tab