water pump 77MGB

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: water pump 77MGB
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
All,
Since the birth of my son, I've only been doing about
1/3 of the work on my MGB and have been taking it to a
mechanic for some things as I don't have any time
anymore.

Anyway, he did some work for me and says that the
water pump is going out.  He was going to charge me
$150 to put a new one in.

So, the question is, how hard is it?  I do enjoy
working on the car so if I can get it done in under
say 2-3 hours, I'd like to try.  If this is going to
be a major pain, I'll probably have him do it.

Lastly, should I be driving the car at all???

Thoughts???

Tom
77B