Re: Windshield Wiper Problem

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>, <ATWEDITOR@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Windshield Wiper Problem
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:20:35 -0400
I've been familiar with Rain-X since my '66 Chevelle Days!
I've heard many complaints and many compliments about
Rain-X over the years.

>From 30+ years of experience.... Yes...it will cloud the glass...
when you haven't properly cleaned the glass first!
Sun heats the polymer and the air under the coating
down in the pores of the glass surface expands, lifting the
coating.

 YOU MUST have perfectly clean glass. Foam cleaners
and newsprint do the best job at removing all surface
contaminates. The fibers of the new print equate to like
a 4000 grit sandpaper. But the fibrous nature tends to dig
into the glass surface and cleans the pores better than a rag
or paper towel.

Rain-X do to chips/pits/scratches in your windshield.
IF.... the glass is completely clean, and Rain-X applied correctly
Rubbed in,  2-3 coats, and buffed) it also works well to get
rid of all the 'star-lights' at night (on-coming headlights) as it fills
in all the 'voids' that refract the light.

  I use it year round...3-4 applications a year. On my year round
daily driver BGT the only 'fogging'.... I've ever seen on the glass
is my cigarette smoke on the   inside, and just recently, the 30 year
old glass is starting to show signs of the plastic laminate absorbing
water so the bottom edge is cloudy.

YMMV.... I don't swear by it, nor do I promote it. I'm
only stating my experience with the product..   :-)

Oh... and they do make an 'inside' version as well. And yes....
even cigarette smoke tends to NOT stick to the glass (as much)

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com