MGB Attaching Seat Rails to Floorboards

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Attaching Seat Rails to Floorboards
From: RobertS355@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 19:22:02 EDT
I've replaced my '63 MGB's rusted floorboards with the Moss Motors repros and
now have a problem. The originals left the car many years ago and the new
ones don't have the welded mounting nuts or studs for mounting the brackets to
hold the fuel/brake/wiring harness. I'm left without a template for where
things
go. Worse, I recently learned that two of the holes/nuts for the seat rails
fall in the middle of the crossmember, which of course is now closed in. Is
that in fact the case?

Any suggestions out there on how to locate the positions for the seat mounts
and underside brackets?

Bob Scardamalia
'63 MGB