Re: MGB Attaching Seat Rails to Floorboards

To: <RobertS355@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Attaching Seat Rails to Floorboards
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 11:02:59 +0100
I could claim that I didn't fit the captive nuts to my new floor until after
I had welded it in to ensure they were in the correct place, but I'd be
lying.  I marked the position and cut a rectangular slot not quite as wide
as the nut and about an inch long.  I then cut a strip of metal about the
same size as the cutout and welded the nut to it, with a hole for the bolt
in the appropriate place.  With a bolt in the nut I fiddled it with its
strip of metal through the slot in the floorboard, then welded it in
position with the strip at 90 degrees to the slot.

PaulH.