clutch went straight to the floor

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch went straight to the floor
From: <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 14:46:52 +0200
got in the B (70 roadster) just now, to drive it to get my road test for the
next 6 months.
Made it to the stoplight at the end of my street, and when the light went
green, I went to grab first, but the clutch pedal just went straight to the
floor.
After waving the traffic around me, I managed to push it to the side of the
road to check things out.
clutch cylinder - full inside, dry outside.  check.
clutch pedal - moves smoothly on hinge, with only spring tension, as though
not connected to anything.
I was able to start the car already in 1st and drive around the block and back
home, so the clutch itself engages.
It feels like the connection between the pedal and the cylinder just gave up
the ghost.
Had to get back to work, so I just left it.
How hard is it to get to the link with the pedal in the pedal box, and what is
likely to have given up the ghost in there after 34 years?

Guess the B really didn't want to get tested today,
Thanks,
RMartin
Tel Aviv