Re: How to hook up a remote starter

To: <BarrMark262@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to hook up a remote starter
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:34:46 +0100
A 74 has a starter relay and the white/red goes to that and not the starter
itself.  Use the switch to bridge the purple at the fusebox and white/red at
the relay, this uses a fused supply and so is 'safe' if one of your remote
starter connectors should touch ground.  You could connect to the
white/brown at the relay or the solenoid instead but this will pull much
more current through the switch and a bigger arc when you release it so the
white/red at the relay is kinder to the switch.

PaulH.