Re: How do I work the rocker switches on a '77-'80 MGB

To: <MGBnutt@aol.com>
Subject: Re: How do I work the rocker switches on a '77-'80 MGB
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:30:39 +0100
The hazard switch is more complex than that.  In the 'off' position the four
contacts at one end are all isolated from each other and the two contacts at
the other are connected together.  In the on position the four contacts are
all connected together and the two contacts are disconnected from each other
and everything else.  So it isn't possible to wire it up the other way
round.  Neither is it possible to connect the heater fan switch the other
way round and get a fully functioning fan, if you did you would end up with
one 'fast' position and two off positions.

If your hazard switch has the legend up the right way but operates in the
reverse direction to all the others it sounds like it has been dismantled (a
not uncommon action to fix faulty turn signals) and the rocker put back on
upside down.

PaulH.