Re: Petrol Pricing (and Gas Wars)

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Subject: Re: Petrol Pricing (and Gas Wars)
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 10:59:26 -0500
I remember the gas wars.  The TV is reporting that that's kind of like
what's happening now. At least here in the Twin Cities. The stations
inch down, until one of them can't take it anymore and then shoot up.

What really erked me was there was a Standard at the bottom of the
street, where I got gas for the lawn mower for my lawn mowing jobs. A
lot of times, I had to go get the attendant to fill my gallon can, and
then they'd go to the 'full service' pump instead of the 'mini service'
pump. And that'd cost me 5 cents for nothing.

We didn't actually have to have big lines for gas. The rationing was
artificial and didn't work. Out in the country stations had plenty of
gas. It's just in the city where people panic that the lines formed.

Same thing happened here on 9/11. Stations raised prices to over $5 a
gallon to try to stop the people from panicking and hording gas. That
didn't stop people from filling plastic trash cans full of water. I bet
they felt dumb a couple days later.

Paul.

--
                                 ______