VrooooOOOM

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VrooooOOOM
From: "Plant, Keith Contractor (NSAGAETA N6)"
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:38:36 +0200
I purchased a Peco header and exhaust system and have since installed it.
What is the typical sound dampering ability on these systems?  Although I
like the deep throaty sound of the MG, the sound I am getting out of the
Peco system is borderline rediculous.  It sounds like I have attached a
coffee can to the exhaust pipe.  Is this typical?  I do not have the system
welded although the sound is not coming from any of the joints.  I do have
the system well clamped with no leeks that I have noticed.  The sound comes
out the pipe itself which has lead me to believe it's supposed to sound like
this.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Very Respectfully,
Keith
'69 B Roadster