RE: BRIC at Road America (was: Turn signal switch)

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, James Nazarian <jhn3@uakron.edu>,
Subject: RE: BRIC at Road America (was: Turn signal switch)
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:29:30 -0500
Hey!  Have I been caught sleeping at the "switch"?  When did this subject
take this turn?

At 06:05 AM 5/25/04 -0700, Paul M. wrote:
>--- James Nazarian <jhn3@uakron.edu> wrote:
> > P.S.  As long as I am thinking of it, I wonder if
> > some group members would
> > want to meet at the Brian Redman International
> > Challenge (nee the Chicago
> > Historic Races) at Road America on July 17th and
> > 18th.

The Chicagoland MG Club is doing its 9th Annual campiong trip to RA for the
BRIC.
http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/members/social_events.html#roadam04

I will be there for the weekend, from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening,
along with 25 or 30 more CMGC members.  We will be camping almost across
the street (less than 1/2 mile south from Gate #2) at Plymouth Rock Camping
Resort.

At the track I generally spend some time at the British Car Corral (at turn
3A), and could meet anyone there if you just set a specific time, either
Friday evening or any time on Saturday.  I often spend a fair amount of
Saturday carousing around the paddock drooling over the hardware.  Any time
you want a break from the noise you can wander around the car park and see
a HUGE assortment of classic cars of all types which are driven to the
track and parked on the grass for your avid enjoyment (and more drooling).

While watching the action I like to sit on the hill above the turn 7, very
handy to the concession stand with beer and brats and ice cream, and the
view of the largest portion of the track from a single point.  Here you can
see the exit from the Toyota Bridge, the Hurry Downs (sharp downgrade
through turns 6 & 7), the heavy braking and hard left at turn 8,  and the
loop through the Carousal (turn 9).

So who's starting the sign in and timing list?  I'll wear my mgs list
hat.  If we get a long enough list I could fill the trailer with ice (as
usual) and load it with some interresting beverages.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com