Re: engine on the radio

To: WESLEY SMITH <wes-smith@msn.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine on the radio
From: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:43:55 -0700 (PDT)
Wes,
Supression plug wires will certainly help - but maybe
reduce the size of the spark. Also, check the
condition of the condensor (capacitor) in the
distributor - it may be contributing to the problem.
Lastly, make sure that the radio is really well
grounded to the body of the car. Just relying on a
metal strap usually doesn't help, especially if there
is paint on the bodywork where the strap is fixed.

Final thought, the sound of the engine is usually more
interesting than the cr*p on the radio <g>.

HTH,
James
'74B