Re: a wet ride

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: a wet ride
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:59:39 -0500
David Councill wrote:

> Now its starting to clear outside. I'm still not sure where the actual
> leak is but somewhere behind the dash where it will be hard to see. Any
> one have a similar leak or experience? My first guess would be the seal
> between windshield and body near the driver's end (LHD), even though its
> a new seal. But I don't want to do like the DPO - the car was from
> Kansas and the owner had run some clear sealant around about every seal
> on the car. All that old sealant has been removed since I had the car
> totally stripped and repainted but it was literally everywhere.

This got me interested. I bought my old '72 back in '83 (I think) in KC,
Mo, when I lived in Kansas. After I graduated from College in 1985,
headed out to San Diego. On the way, I bought my brothers TR7 and left
him the B to sell in Denver. I wonder what happened to that 'B sometimes.

Any idea where yours came from? If it was mine, I'm sorry. :-) I was a
poor college kid at the time, and I did some DPOisms.

What color is it/was it? When I bought it, it was white. I "fixed" the
rust (bondo and some new panels), and painted it dark BRG (under the
hood and the trunk remained white, I'm sure).

I didn't do any clear sealant though. When I had the car, it didn't
leak. Water in, or oil out really either.

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \     1977 MGB