Hot weather overheating

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hot weather overheating
From: "H. W. \"Sandy\" McCullough" <hwmccullough@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 22:07:55 -0400
Hey gang,

Well now that the summer is here, my 72 "B" seems to have developed an
aversion to hot weather driving (again).  I had thought that with a new
radiator and thermostat the problem would have been cured, but alas it has
not.  Here's the situation.  In any weather over 85 degrees farenheit, the
engine overheats.  In the cool of the evening it runs fine.  I have replaced
(as mentioned above) the radiator, thermostat, flushed the enginge, replaced
the coolant, verified that there is good circulation and that the water pump
is pumping.  I'm not sure what else to replace / repair.

As usual, thanks in advance for your suggestions.

H. W. "Sandy" McCullough
72 "B" (hot blooded)
68 "B" (being restored)