Re: Hot weather overheating

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com
Subject: Re: Hot weather overheating
From: pboldtrix@juno.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:45:16 -0400
Early CBs  did not have an expansion tank, as the radiator was not a
closed cooling system.   I added an overflow bottle to my 67' BGT because
our cats visit the garage occasionally.   Glycol is almost instant death
for a cat (or dog), and it has an attractive sweet smell which animals
like.  I didn't want any of our pets dying because of a few coolant drips
being licked up from the garage floor.

Phil Bacon,   67' MGBGT, 72' TR6

On Fri, 28 May 2004 13:24:24 -0700 Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
writes:
. Many people have added expansion tanks out of concern
> for the
> environment, or their driveway, or just stinginess <g>, but I don't
> know if
> any CBs had them originally. If anyone really cared they could check
> Clausager's list of year-to-year changes.
>
> on 5/28/04 12:49 PM, TJ Tryon, Jr. at tjt@insightbb.com wrote:
>
> > Expansion tank, huh...  That's funny, I noticed I did not have one
> (overflow
> > line run to the ground to dump) the other day when flushing the
> mud from the
> > inside of the radiator.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!