Re: carb oil

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carb oil
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:46:33 -0000
I'm always running into people who say they used to have an MG, but they got
rid of it because they never could get the carbs adjusted right. I always
ask them if they ever added oil to the carbs. They always answer "What
oil?". The oil damper on the SUs (or rather ignorance of)  probably killed a
lot of MG sales in the States.

I've always intentionally overfilled the dampers, just for lubrication of
the piston. I always assumed the extra oil wouldn't hurt anything. Am I
assuming correctly?

Will there ever be a definitive answer to the best damper oil question??????

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336