Re: carb oil

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: carb oil
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:14:07 +0100
As long as the excess oil drains out of the holes at the bottom of the main
piston then it won't do any harm, but neither is it lubricating anything
except the upper cylinders.  But getting oil on the outside of the main
piston and the inside of the cover is probably a bad thing as there is
supposed to be a given clearance between the two.  Dirt will stick to the
oily surfaces, reduce the clearance and cause sticking, and score the
surfaces as well.

PaulH.