Re: Overheating: Ethylene Glycol Toxicity in Pets

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overheating: Ethylene Glycol Toxicity in Pets
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 02:11:07 EDT
In a message dated 6/3/2004 2:34:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wtsnyder@juno.com writes:
Hello all. I am usually silent on the list unless I'm asking a question
or need help due to my limited MG knowledge. I am, however, qualified to
give my 2 cents worth on this subject since I have been a veterinarian
for 22 years.
Ethylene glycol toxicity (antifreeze ingredient) is a common problem in
pets, usually due to accidental exposure, but some times from malicious
poisoning. One teaspoon of antifreeze concentrate is enough to kill a 50
lb dog and any cat.
(clip)
Bill Snyder, DVM
'66 MGB
'53 TD under construction

Dear Dr. Snyder,
Thank you very much for so clearly and without rancor attempting to educating
us inhumane beings for being so ignorant callous and selfish. By saving a few
pennies we're actually causing so much damage to the helpless animals we say
we care so much about but not enough to use a less toxic or non toxic
substance in the cooling system of our cars. Maybe after enough of the Ethylene
Glycol
has penetrated our own water supply that we start to experience the same
brutal symptoms and deaths that our pets suffer and die from we'll learn.
Hopefully it won't be too late and the toxicity too rampant to stop the
spreading of
it's murderous evil. The evidence is clear..Lets outlaw Ethylene Glycol, we can
come up with a much safer substance before it's too late! If it can kill a 50
lb. dog it can kill a 150 lb person!
Albert C. Escalante
aeseeyou@aol.com