Re: Carbs, details and rain; Oh my!

To: <rick@stoolhead.com>
Subject: Re: Carbs, details and rain; Oh my!
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:18:03 -0400
Oh yes, some wrench work planned for sure!  Finally home in NJ this
weekend and with what looks like good weather to boot.

I have 4 new tires on new mini-lite (replicas) to mount on the car.
Yokohama T4's.  I'm quite anxious to see how it drives compared to the
25 year old dry-rotted Pirellis that I am taking off.  Also planning to
install my manual choke cable (HIF44 upgrade), repaired rheostat, and
new temperature sender.  Oh, and an oil change too.

That's it on my short-list.  The long-list includes an oil cooler,
vacuum advance hose, front discs, fuel pump, stainless brake lines and
new lower A-arm bushings.  Although, frankly, I'll be happy if I just
get the 4 new wheels on!

Donny V
78 MGB

>>> "Rick Lindsay" <rick@stoolhead.com> 6/4/2004 11:22:11 AM >>>

Hello Friends,
It's supposed to be a rainy weekend here in Tulsa
so I plan some garage time.  As you may have read,
my '76 Midget has a sick Weber DGV.  Hopefully I
will receive the rebuild kit today.  If not, it'll
be Monday or Tuesday before I can rebuild it.
However, I will do the disassembly and cleaning
this weekend regardless of whether the kit has
arrived.  I also need to detail the engine
compartment.  The exterior of the little guy is
stunning, as is the interior.  The engine bay is
messy.  For example, one of the heater hoses is
that nasty pale red hose.  Does it work? Yea, just
fine but it is very amateurish in appearance.
I also need to just clean everything.  The bay
is racing green but a little lighter than the
current exterior color.  I cleaned a bit of the
wheelwell and frame near the ignition components
and even though lighter is shade, the clean parts
look 'correct'.  The grimy bits do not.

Okay, that's it.  Gotta get back to work.  Any of
you guys pulling wrenches this weekend?

Rick