Re: TCSA & Vacuum advance woes

To: <MGBnutt@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TCSA & Vacuum advance woes
From: "Steve Gorr" <sgorr2@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 23:28:49 -0500
My TCSA has 2 ports 1 vertical and the other horizontal pointing toward the
front. The horizontal port is vented out the bottom of the solenoid when not
actuated and connects to the distributor. The top port is connected to
manifold vacuum. What was happening was that, when the lines were reversed,
vacuum would build in the advance line and not vent, keeping the spark
advanced and idle high. The other line would have been a vacuum leak, but
the "natural richness" inherent in the ZS carb masked any lean running
problems. When I corrected the lines, the idle did drop about 50 rpm and
doesn't bump up to 1200 after running in 4th and coming to idle.