Re: 72B on eBay-your opinion please

To: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: 72B on eBay-your opinion please
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 09:12:31 -0500
Kevin Smith wrote:

> I've seen worse '72's (like ol' rusty red beside my garage).  I'm not
> too down with this:
>
> Buyer to pay high bid amount, 8.1% sales tax, $24.00 title transfer,
> $25.00 processing fee, $35.00 state service fee.  Payment to be made
> prior to PICK UP- PLEASE

This was my thought as well. They want $84 over and above the auction
price. That's unreasonable in my view. And for cars, you pay sales tax
in state when you license the car.

 From the background and the other items on ebay, it sure doesn't look
like a real broker.

It does look good at 10 feet. But they never mention the R word. Without
statements on rust and pictures, I'd stay away.

Get someone local to look at it. Is there anyone in the Seattle area?
Skye is, but he's been of this list since he got his bulletin board
going a year or so ago. Following his chronicals, I'm not sure I'd want
a Pacific Northwest car.

Hey, Monte, one of your cars came from Seattle, right? How's it
rust-wise?

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root