Re: Windblockers?

To: "Glenn" <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windblockers?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:28:36 +0100
I refused to purchase one as 250 quid is far too much for the fabric one,
and although the solid plastic one is cheaper at 170 it doesn't fold and is
still too expensive!  So I made my own, see
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_bodyframe.htm and click on 'Windstop'.  Since
then I have added a couple of vertical wire struts about 1/3rd the way in
from each side which has greatly reduced the flapping and bowing.  If I was
making another I'd get a set of tonneau bars and use those for the side
frames.  I'm also considering a MkIII replacing the fabric and thin plastic
with a sheet of rear window plastic.

PaulH.