Re: more wrenching this past weekend

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Subject: Re: more wrenching this past weekend
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:31:11 -0400
Oh, one more thing I forgot...I also put a new heater fan toggle switch
in the dash yesterday.  Mine was broken.  It worked alright, but the
half of the rocker where the backlit word "FAN" is in-laid had
disintegrated.

Unfortunately, I damaged the dash a little trying to get the old switch
out.  Oh well, guess I'm out of the concours judging for awhile (LOL!).
I should have asked the list for suggestions regarding switch removal
first.

Donny V
78 MGB

>>> "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com> 6/14/2004 10:05:30 AM

OK, I managed to get a bit more accomplished yesterday.  I finally
snaked my manual choke cable through the rheostat hole in the dash and
then through the large rubber plug in the firewall as a few listers
had
suggested (THANKS!).  This is much more convenient than leaving the
choke cable just lying around in the engine compartment.

I also drilled and tapped two holes in my repaired rheostat to hold
the
back cover on and then tie-wrapped it up under the dash.  I was going
leave the rheostat in the dash and fabricate a bracket for the choke,
but I was in too big a hurry.  Besides, I never use the rheostat
anyway
and now the choke mounting looks "stock".

I also installed my new temperature sender and now the temp gauge
works!  BTW - The new (machined out of brass) sender seemed like a
much
better quality unit compared to the older (steel pressed into
aluminum?)
unit it replaced.

So, still left to do:  Lower A-arm bushings, oil cooler, vacuum
advance
hose(s), front discs, fuel pump, stainless brake lines.  Hope they
rest
of you had productive weekends too!

Donny V
78 MGB