Replacing a windshield in an MG Midget - is it that hard?

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacing a windshield in an MG Midget - is it that hard?
From: Tim Holt <holtt@nacse.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 12:07:29 -0700
Got a nice big crack yesterday from a rock on the hiway, so I need to
replace the glass. Looks like new glass is about $170, and the insurance
deductible is $250.  So I'm thinking DIY here.  Given we're talking
about a soft top that only goes in the rain if it has to, basically who
cares if it leaks a tiny bit somewhere?

Beyond the glass, is there anything else I need?  Does one replace the
glazing seal at the same time, or anything like that?

Tim Holt
'74 MG Midget