plasma cutter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: plasma cutter
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:58:37 -0600
Does anyone have recommendations on plasma cutters? My son is or was
working on his 65B body. He did one side while still in high school as a
school project. But he still has the other side to finish but no longer has
school tools to use. He does have a MIG welder (purchased partly on advice
from this very list). I think he did a pretty good job on the one side. I'm
hoping to continue to cultivate his interest in welding and car restoration
(a long story). Then I can start picking up rust buckets. But I'm getting
ahead of myself here.

Anyway, my son says he needs a plasma cutter to do some cutting on the
body. So I figure somebody out there has been there, done that so to speak.
I hear plasma cutters can be expensive. But one can never spend too much
money on good tools. Comments on plasma cutters?

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B