Re: Clutch plumbing

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch plumbing
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:39:28 -0700
Bob,

We've installed six of these hoses in the last few weeks with no problems
noted.

One thing about the metal pipe being difficult to thread into the new rubber
hose: Often we've found that the flared end of the metal pipe has "belled"
out from being aggressively tightened into place in the old hose. It pulls
out of the old hose with apparent ease but, in fact, it is being forced past
the female threads of the hose. In order to get it into the new hose and get
the threads started, it is necessary to lightly file the o.d. of the flare
so that it will push in far enough to allow the first thread of the tube-nut
to start into the threads of the rubber hose. This is something not unique
to T-series hoses - we've experienced this many times on all types of cars.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center