Re: [MG-MGB] Roadster vs. Tourer Academics

To: Don Vierling <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] Roadster vs. Tourer Academics
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 08:13:37 -0700 (PDT)
--- Don Vierling <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com> wrote:
> but I agree with Dan...you can't go too
> wrong calling it a tourer, since it was dubbed
> that by the factory.

I agree as well, although just to throw a dab of mud
in the water, there are a few instances where even the
factory used the term "roadster" to describe the MGB.
In fact, I'm pretty sure the British Heritage museum
has the last MGB off the assembly line on display, and
the board in front of it describes the car as a
"roadster."  But most of the time, they called it a
tourer.

Don't even get me started on the age-old Italian
"Spyder vs. Spider" controversy...

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005