Re: Seeking List Comments

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seeking List Comments
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 23:15:21 +1030
> > Ok, it's me again doing my official job function.

Well, apart from a change of muffler not long ago, this is MY exhaust
system - now 2" from front to rear.  The ugly, straight-cut end of the
pipe sticking out the rear ain't pretty but it works.

Maybe a shiny stainless tip would look nicer, so I might take:

> B.  Slant cut Polished Stainless with the cut angled to match the rear
valence.

The muffler in the picture was great for a little while - but really
only lasted a year and a half before ending up perforated like swiss
cheese (why is yet to be fully investigated - post mortem).

Mine is in the one lying on the grass and titled:

"MGB JET-HOT Coated Header & Straight through Muffler"

http://www.hi-flow.com/HPExhaustSystems.htm

(and for the benefit of the original purchaser... apart from replacing
the muffler earlier than I thought I should have to, this sytem works
very, very well - and sounds great).

The pipes come together as far back as under the seats.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII