Lowering/Leveling '73 B

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lowering/Leveling '73 B
From: Zach Dorsch <herr_dorsch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:03:08 -0700 (PDT)
I rebuilt the front end on my B about 2 years ago, but have only recently
noticed how much higher the frontend sits than the rear; difference of  2" at
least.  As new rear leaf springs are to expensive of an option rigth now, so I
plan cut off one of the coils.  How much will cutting one of the coils lower a
car?  I think that I remember reading that one coil is worth 1-2" or is this
estimate far off?  Has anyone cut coils and knows how much this will reduce the
ride height?

Thanks,

Zach