Re: Lowering/Leveling '73 B

To: herr_dorsch@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Lowering/Leveling '73 B
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:29:33 -0400
   The coil springs in the front might have flat ends--that is, the coils
don't just end, they are ground so they set flat into the crossmember and
the spring pans.  If they are flat, you won't be able to cut them and
flatten the ends, and may have an additional problem then that you don't
have now.   Can you just leave the unequal height and live with it until
you have saved the $$ for new rear springs?  The rears are a lot easier
to replace than fronts, in my experience. Besides, if you are successful
at lowering the front, you will still need to replace the rear springs,
and then replace the front springs for a second time.
Bob