Exhaust notes

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust notes
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:22:58 -0700 (PDT)
I know we've been talking about exhaust notes and
which onces are appealing, and on related note, I have
a question about MGB intake sounds.

My MGB has standard 1 1/2" HS4 carbs, which are fitted
with air horns and Pipercross sock filters.  Removing
the air cleaners and replacing them with the air horns
made almost no change to the intake sound.  It didn't
get lounder.  It didn't sound any better or worse.

What about some other intake changes?

Does anyone have any input on what a single Weber DCOE
sounds like on a B series engine?  What about a
crossflow head with twin HS6's?  Or a crossflow head
with twin DCOEs?  Any change in the quality or level
of the intake noise?

I love a great sounding engine...

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com