Re: Automatic Battery Chargers

To: "Lambertus Palte" <palte@gmx.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Automatic Battery Chargers
From: "Ron Fine Esq." <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:05:20 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lambertus Palte" <palte@gmx.net>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 12:35 PM
Subject: Q: Automatic Battery Chargers

> Hi fellow listers,
>
> Does anyone of you have any experience with so-called automatic battery
> chargers, i.e. chargers that will not overcharge your car battery and
> can be left unattended over a long period of time?

I bought one many years ago from local auto parts store (Pepboys in
California) called "Deltran, Super Smart Battery Tender"  It works great.
It maintains full charge by automatically switching to float when full
charge is reached.  If you leave it on for a long time it simply turns it
self off until it senses that the battery charge is lower than a certain
predetermined charge and it turns itself on again.  You can leave it
attached for any length of time.  I use it on several LBC and I haven't had
to replace a battery in at least 5 years.  I don't know if the same brand is
still available.  The manufacturer was Deltran Corporation,  Phone
904-736-7900,  Deland, Florida.
Good Luck.
Ron