Re: SU float bowls flooding

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, MGBnutt@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU float bowls flooding
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:30:06 -0700
No no no no.  How can anybody quote such a stupid price.  I would go in and
tell them what idiots they are and that by virtue of the authority of the
'list' - lots of MG people will know of their gouging.   And then  send out
tons of email relating to them - magazines etc.  In my old age I have got
really into telling people off if they rip off or try to hoodwink - much to
the embarrassment of my approaching-teenage grandson!!  Similarly when
people do good - thus my email about Apple giving me good service!!  Such
actions negate the effects of our modern society's advertising machinery.

At 09:49 AM 7/10/2004, Paul M. wrote:
>--- MGBnutt@aol.com wrote:
> > And just what shop was this?  Perhaps you can/should
> > warn the rest of us by being more specific...
>
>The shop is called "My MG Import Shop", on Statesville
>Road in Charlotte, NC.  I notice they are listed on a
>lot of the "MG Repair Shop" lists I see on the
>internet, so beware.
>
>The place is full of old MGs, although none of them
>seem to be customer cars - they seems to be cars that
>the owners have lying around (probably seized on
>mechanics liens from customers who couldn't pay the
>exorbitant charges?).
>
>This place also quoted me $2400+ to rebuild the front
>suspension on my car, as long as I supplied all the
>parts!
>

>=====
>Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com
>
>THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005