MGB trailer hitch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB trailer hitch
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:47:43 -0700 (PDT)
A buddy of mine finally took my advice and picked
himself up a 1975 MGB tourer.  It's a good car, and
he's been all through the "post purchase" inspection
phase and is very confident in the car.

He's planning a trip from NYC to New Mexico and back,
and he wants to take the MGB as opposed to his BMW
M-Coupe.  But he has to pick up his Honda RC30 in New
Mexico and trailer it home to Manhattan!

I have seen a number of people trailering things in
their MGB's (generally the back half of another MGB
made into a trailer).  His motorcycle weighs about 400
lbs., plus the trailer, which is a pretty light
single-bike trailer.

He knows it would be wiser to take the BMW, but he's
an adventurous sort, so he wants to know if there are
any serious and fundamental flaws in the plan (i.e.
the clutch is certain to fry in less than 500 miles),
and if not, is there any special way a trailer hitch
needs to be hooked up to the back of an MGB?

As always, thanks in advance,

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005