Re: MG advert

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG advert
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:50:40 -0500
It's funny.  I didn't blow Mt. Dew all over my computer, but it's
funny.  Obviously "Naked Gun" or "Airplane" movie type of humor.  Some
like it, some don't.  Morally bankrupt?  Of course.  I guess those were
two gay guys walking by?  Too short of a scene to notice of they were
wearing Lee jeans... :)

Nice car.  The music could have been better though.

If you want to see a bad ad, I don't have a link handy, but Hyundai (I
think) ran one where a lady pulls up beside her husbands car and makes
her "boyfriend" duck down.  She waves at her husband and drives off.
Then they show her husbands "boyfriend" raising up where the husband
made him duck down.  That one, to me, is worse than this MG ad.

Regardless, the only bad publicity is no publicity.  Get some nerds to
pass an ad around the 'net and you get publicity.  Regardless of
whether you like the ad, they achieved their goal.

Kevin