Re: MG advert

To: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>,
Subject: Re: MG advert
From: "Murray Arundell" <arundell@ghs.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:18:10 +1000
> IF... MG still has ANY of it's original character...
> this ad company won't be their agency very long.
> But who knows these days.

As an owner or a modern MG (as well as my TC) I can tell you all that there
is
definately none of the original MG Character left at MG.

I love my MG-F and it is a fantastic car to drive.  Terri and I have
travelled a
great deal in over the East Coast of Australia.  However as with pretty well
all MG-Fs built ours blew a headgasket at 40,000km (25,000miles).  We still
had 10,000km of the factory warrenty left however the car was a year out of
the two year limit.  As it had been dealer serviced since new I approached
MG
about the repairs.  The letter I got back said no dice, because (and this is
the bit
I love) "The car has not been serviced properly".  In fact the car had been
serviced
by the book and by the delivering dealer.  The letter also denied that there
was any
problem with MG-F head gaskets and that mine was an isolated case.  This was
also
interesting as a) The MG-F headgasket proplem is well known by anyone who
has anything at all to do with MGs and b) MG have even released a "fix" with
the
replacement headgaskets.  (metal dowls instead of the stupid nylon ones).

So looking at the advertsing one has only to agree that MG is run by the
usual
bunch of morons who also run the rest of the auto industry.

Ill keep my MGF & TC forever but ask me if I'll spend my hard earned on a
new
MG ZT SV-8 or any other modern MG and the answer is no way, not with the
after sales back-up that you don't get from them........

Murray A
Brisbane Australia