Re: horn problems

To: bernd <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: horn problems
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:32:28 +0200
Hi Bernie,

Check the connections with the horns are all tight. Purple circuit.
Can be lose connection where the steer contact grounds.
Pull the boss from the steering wheel and see if this springloaded contact
is in good shape.
Also see that the contacts to this circuit is o.k.
Therefore you have to open de cowl.

Best is to follow a diagram.

On the other hand horns which are not used for a very long time tend to
seize.
Check if another device can be connected to the purple circuit and if that
works fine.
The test device should consume current like to horns - some motor would do -
NO STARTER MOTOR pls.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Hans