Re: alloy valve cover

To: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>, Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>,
Subject: Re: alloy valve cover
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:37:11 -0500
At 3:00 PM -0500 7/21/2004, Rocky Frisco wrote:
>Paul Root wrote:
>
>>Periodically, I get a wild hair about putting a polished alloy valve cover
>>on the 'Bs engine. But they don't have breathers for hooking it  up to the
>>carbon canister.
>>
>>Is it possible to put a breather on one of these?
>>
>>No, I'm not going to use a vented cap.

I run an Offenhauser(SP) breather attached to my aluminum valve cover
on my A. I got it from Speedway Motors here in Lincoln, NE. I have
had no trouble with oil leakage around the inspection plates since (I
run a 5 main 1800 engine from a B)

--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/