Re: Starting problems (79 B)

To: "Keith G." <k2@gernertzone.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Starting problems (79 B)
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:43:05 +0100
If you can hear grinding it ain't electrical but mechanical!  Unless the
battery is flat!  When you turn the key ideally you should hear the engine
turning over and firing up.  Failing that you might hear a loud 'clonk' from
the solenoid area but not cranking.  Failing *that* you might hear a click
from the starter relay near the fusebox but no clonk from the solenoid.
Half the time when people say they turn the key and nothing happens they
mean it doesn't start and can't be arsed to be a bit more precise in exactly
what does and doesn't happen.