RE: Austin Healey project

To: "'Carl French'" <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Austin Healey project
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:38:38 -0400
I have only built one healey and I have this to offer.  Make sure that the
frame is in absolutely tip top shape, if it isn't, don't even consider
restoring the car without fixing it.  We did a cosmetic restoration of one,
I think it was a BN 7 but I don't remember the designations anymore.  The
owner would not spring for any rust fixing on the frame.  The difference in
the top of the door gap between when the car was on the lift and on it's
wheels was at least 1/4 inch.  When the car was on its wheels the top of the
door rubbed the top of the rear wing.  There is no getting around the flex
in a healey but it is much worse if the frame is degraded at all.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer

Check out the new British Cars Forum: