Re: symptoms

To: "Malcolm Jeffcock" <mjeffcock@tru.eastlink.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: symptoms
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:27:19 +0100
Generally if the coil or elsewhere in the ignition LT is going intermittent
it shows on the tach by dropping to zero even though the momentum of the car
is still spinning the engine.  Electric tachs only of course.  When my coil
started going it did so at any revs.  If you can reproduce the problem at a
standstill then clip a timing light onto the coil lead and each plug lead.
If the flashing gets erratic with the missfire then you know it is ignition,
LT or HT, otherwise fuel.  And fuel starvation will affect at higher revs.

PaulH.