Re: Tonneau Choice For 1974 MGB

To: "Christian, Skip" <wellner.christian@navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: Tonneau Choice For 1974 MGB
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:44:46 +0100
The mounting points moved from the extreme edges of the dash top
(lift-the-dot), to the bottoms of the windscreen pillars to by the front
drop-glass channel on the door (both press studs) at various times.  I think
the rears round the cockpit rail were all the same, although the lower
fastenings onto the heel-board also differed between two and four
fastenings.  It all depends on where *your* front fastenings are, the
heel-board differences are less of an issue.  I have the dash top
lift-the-dot posts and got a shop-soiled tonneau cover with windscreen
press-studs but it was an easy matter to sew on a couple of strips with
lift-the-dot sockets.  The other curious thing is that the middle
lift-the-dot post on mine was dead centre, but the old and new covers have
the zip near the centre and the post off-set.  When rebuilding it was a
simple matter to swivel the post through 180 degrees and drill a new hole
for the other screw, which put the post in the correct place.

PaulH.